Agonda is a small fishing village located in the Canacona taluka in South Goa. It is surrounded by about 120 acres of forest and is well known for the Agonda beach. The beach in Agonda is 2.8 kms long and is a lonely beach, fringed with palms and casuarinas. It is a very peaceful place and is most suitable for tourists seeking solitude. Agonda also has a church known as the St. Anne church. It was earlier a chapel that was upgraded into a church in December 1888. The patron of the Church is St.Anne and the church feast is celebrated on the first Saturday of the month of May.One can also visit nearby places such as Cabo de Rama, Palolem beach etc that are situated a few kilometres away.